The South African Colliery Engineers’ Association
Founded in 1979, the Association aims to uphold the status of the Engineering and Mining profession by providing mutual assistance and advancement of Engineering in the coal mining and associated industries. Throughout the year SACEA arranges meetings for the interchange of ideas and information, the discussion of new problems and the promotion of technical, intellectual and social intercourse of members.
The Association provides a cost-efficient administration for the Association, either alone or in conjunction with other professional associations in the mining industry, by employing, remunerating and determining duration and conditions of employment of any necessary full-time or part-time staff, consultants and specialists in the Coal Mining industry. SACEA is also recognized through the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as a Voluntary Association which provides some influence in terms of the accreditation of learning materials and institutions, as well as strengthening the Association’s role with regard to registration matters.
To be a professional, dynamic, value-adding and influential body in our industry.
- To actively influence the development and compliance to practical safety, health, environmental and sustainable development legislation, leading practices and standards.
- To empower members through effective interaction and to promote professionalism
- To be the acknowledged representative body for members and industry in influencing policy formulation in decision making forums
- To influence and lead the technical maturity and sustainability of the coal mining industry
- To add significant value to the Coal mining industry through our competent members
- To have maximum impact in the Coal mining industry through our association with other Professional Associations
- To positively impact the quality and quantity of technical skills development